The Symposium on the Mathematical Aspects of Computer Science (SMACS) is the meeting on the mathematical aspects of computer science held every two years. SMACS is organized by the Special Interest Group on Mathematical Aspects of Computer Science (SIG-MACS) of the Computing Society of the Philippines.
SMACS is a week-long meeting divided into two parts, a workshop and a seminar. The workshop is designed such that researchers and instructors/lecturers of computing and mathematical sciences could interact on selected topics. Topics of the workshop will be tutorial in character which would lead to possible research collaboration. The seminar will consist of paper presentations on researches in the mathematical aspects of computer science. There will be invited talks on the current and still potent area of mathematical aspects of computer science.
SMACS provides a venue for teachers, researchers and graduate students of Computer Science, Computing, and Mathematics to share and upgrade knowledge on areas of Computer Science which are mathematical or theoretical in character.
- SMACS2014, Ateneo de Naga University, Naga City
- SMACS2012, La Carmela Resort and Hotel, Boracay Island, Aklan
- SMACS2010, University of the Philippines, Los Banos, Laguna
- SMACS2008, University of the Philippines, Cebu Colleges
- SMACS2006, Adventist University of the Philippines, Cavite
- SMACS2004, University of the Philippines, College Baguio
- SMACS1997, University of the Philippines, College Baguio